Baked Chili Coconut Shrimp

I wanted to share this recipe with you that I got from Rachel at Clean Food Crush. I had been craving shrimp but didn't want to have just regular, plain old steamed shrimp. 

So I was super excited to find this twist on shrimp!

Baked Chili Coconut Shrimp




What You'll Need:

  • 20 large shrimp, peeled & deveined
  • 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 2 large egg whites, beaten

What You'll Do:

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment. Spray with olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray.
  3. Rinse shrimp & pat dry.
  4. Combine coconut & seasonings, well in medium bowl.
  5. Place beaten egg whites in separate bowl.
  6. Dredge shrimp into egg whites, then into coconut mixture, pressing lightly.
  7. Place shrimp on baking sheet & spray the tops lightly with your coconut oil or olive oil cooking spray.
  8. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes until shrimp are firm & coconut begins to brown. 


I served my shrimp with a side of kale.


1 comment