Zoodles with Meat Sauce

So I'm on day 20 of the 21 Day Fix and I am truly thankful for this program because it has instilled in me the habits and lifestyle of clean eating. It's given me this HUNGER to try out different clean eating recipes. 

The most recent meal that I've fallen IN LOVE with are Zoodles! I bought this Zoodle Slicer from Amazon for my 27th birthday...probably one of the BEST birthday presents I've given myself. :) 

I used it for the first time tonight and made zoodles with meat sauce. You HAVE to try this! Let me know if you do end up making it. I'd love to hear from you in the comments section!

What You'll Need:

  • 2 Zucchinis (2 people)
  • Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey (I used beef tonight because it was on sale--next time I'm going to use ground turkey)
  • 1/2 onion (chopped)
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes (no salt)
  • 1 tsp. basil
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 1 tsp. red pepper (if you like it spicy)
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 2 tsp. EVOO

What You'll Do:

1. Use the zoodle slicer to slice your zucchinis.


2. Set the zoodles on a paper towel. Then put another paper towel over top of it. Pat dry. Let them sit there to "dry" for 15-20 minutes.


3. Saute onion and minced garlic in a skillet.

4. Add the meat to the onions and garlic. Brown the meat.

5. Drain the meat. 

6. Put the meat back into the skillet.

7. Add diced tomatoes and all of the spices. Let simmer for 15 minutes or so.



8. In the meantime, add 2 tsp. of EVOO to another skillet. Sauté the zoodles for 6-7 minutes on medium heat. 

9. Put zoodles on a plate. Add the beef mixture on top.


Enjoy! :)









Post a Comment