Quinoa Taco Bake (21 Day Fix Approved)

Okay so the ladies in my 21 Day Fix accountability group have been talking about this Quinoa Taco Bake for like a longgg time! They said their husbands LOVED it and kept asking for more, so I was definitely intrigued! After a month of saying I was going to try this recipe, I FINALLY made it! 

And omigosh! So good and it's packed with protein! 

AND we will probably have leftovers for 3 days! Boom. Meal prep at it's finest. I'm such a leftovers person..if I don't HAVE to cook, I ain't doing it ha! 

Here's the recipe if you want to try it! Let me know if you do! You can friend me on Facebook here if you want to reach out about it or any other 21 Day Fix approved recipes! 



What you'll need:


  • 1 cup uncooked Quinoa (yellow)
  • 93% Lean Ground Turkey (red)
  • Chopped red, yellow, or green pepper (I used a green pepper)
  • Chopped onion (green)
  • Chopped jalepeno (green)
  • 2 cups No salt added Tomato Sauce (purple)
  • Shredded Cheddar Cheese (blue)
  • 3 Cloves Garlic
  • 2 tablespoon Chili Powder
  • 2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • Hot Sauce to taste

What you'll do:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Add Quinoa to 2 cups boiling water in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes. Cover quinoa and set aside.
  3. Spray frying pan with non-stick cooking spray (I used coconut oil cooking spray).
  4. Add onion, garlic, and jalepeno. Saute over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
  5. Add the ground turkey. Cook for about 5 minutes.
  6. Add the peppers. Cook for 3-4 minutes more or until meat is no longer pink.
  7. Add the cumin, chili powder, and onion powder. Stir to combine. Adjust seasonings to taste.
  8. Remove from heat and add the quinoa to the meat and veggie mixture. 
  9. Pour in the tomato sauce and hot sauce if using. Stir.
  10. Add 1 blue container of shredded cheese.
  11. Pour mixture into baking dish. 
  12. Top with remaining 3 blue containers of cheddar cheese.
  13. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. 
  14. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbling.
  15. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.

ENJOY! If you are interested in more 21 Day Fix recipes and want to get started with the 21 Day Fix, I have a group filled with other girls doing the 21 DF and it's super fun! Lots of recipes, fun, encouragement, support, motivation, and accountability! Message me on Facebook or email me at neslimorie@gmail.com 

xoxo
Nesli 



One serving is 1 yellow, 1/2 green, 1/2 purple, 1 blue, 1 red

Post a Comment