Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Boats

You know that saying..."Never miss a Monday"? 

Well, in my house we say, "Never miss Taco Tuesday"!

We loveee us some Tacos on Taco Tuesday, y'all!

So of course, I had to make a clean version (not that Tacos are all that bad) but I'm doing the 21 Day Fix program (which is amazing btw), and so I had to modify! And let me tell you....it was WAY better than using the boxed taco dinners you get at the grocery store. I don't think I will EVER go back to the Taco seasoning packets! 

So I made Taco Lettuce Boats (I literally JUST made that name up ha!) The lettuce I used looks like a boat! Here's how you make it!

(The original recipe is from Skinnytaste--but I actually modified a couple of things)

What You'll Need:


  • 1 lb lean ground turkey
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. oregano
  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Large lettuce leaves from Iceberg or Romaine Lettuce (I used Romaine)
  • Tomatoes
  • A tiny bit of reduced fat cheddar cheese
  • A dollop of plain greek yogurt

What You'll Do:

1. Brown turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks. 
2. Mix all of the dry seasonings together in a separate bowl.

3. When the meat is no longer pick, add the dry seasoning and mix    well.


4. Add the onion and water.

5. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes. 

6. Wash and dry the lettuce.

7. Divide the meat equally (or use 1 red container if you are doing the 21 Day Fix) and place in the center of each leaf. 

8. Top with a teensy bit of cheddar cheese and a dollop of plain greek yogurt.


Enjoy this deliciousness that you just created! 




I'm running a 5 day Clean Eating Group beginning this Monday, April 27th. You'll receive a 5 day meal plan, more EASY recipes like the Taco Lettuce Boats, a shopping list, and SUPPORT from like-minded (AWESOME) people!

Email me if you are interested and friend me on Facebook!
neslimorie@gmail.com








Post a Comment